Trajectory > Display > Frequency > Create File of Trajectory Filenames Not Outputting New .bin File

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
mxm
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Trajectory > Display > Frequency > Create File of Trajectory Filenames Not Outputting New .bin File

Post by mxm »

I am trying to output a new .bin file from Trajectory > Display > Frequency > Create File of Trajectory Filenames Not Outputting New .bin File.

However, my old .bin file never updates according to the File Explorer's Data Modified column. I have even tried outputting a .bin file under a new name, and it does not appear in HYSPLIT's working directory.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of any workarounds?

Thanks very much!
barbara.stunder
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Trajectory > Display > Frequency > Create File of Trajectory Filenames Not Outputting New .bin File

Post by barbara.stunder »

The "Create file of trajectory filenames" creates a text file. The "Execute Display" creates the binary file. This is explained in section 6.1 of the (basic) Tutorial at https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_Tutorials.php

Return to “Users”