Web back trajectory stops at 72 hours

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
syamanou
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Web back trajectory stops at 72 hours

Post by syamanou »

I'm trying to run HYSPLIT back trajectories using archived reanalysis meteorology, with 1 release point. I want to run it for 120 hours+, but no matter what I put into the input page, the run stops after 72 hours.

Example of the issue can be seen at job:118906 (stops after 72 hours, requested 120).

I saw a thread from 2014 about using Safari (I am using OSX), but I've tried Firefox and Chrome and I still run into the same issue.

If anyone knows how to get this working, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Web back trajectory stops at 72 hours

Post by glenn.rolph »

We were able to redo your trajectory with no problems going back 120 hours (see job number 139104). Make sure you specify 120 hours in the "Total run time" input field or else it will default to 72 hours.
syamanou
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Web back trajectory stops at 72 hours

Post by syamanou »

Thanks for the quick reply. I definitely put 120 in the "Total run time (hours)" section, but still no luck (I just tried again).

I have several other runs that I want to do, all of which go over 72 hours in the backward direction, so if you know where I might be going wrong or if there is a known bug with the web-based HYSPLIT model it'd be great if you can let me know.

Thanks.

Return to “Trajectory Model”