Ghostscript recogntion

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
ns365
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Ghostscript recogntion

Post by ns365 »

I am trying to work my way through the HYSPLIT tutorial but I'm already stuck at the first stage.

When I right click to start the simluation and teh Exit window comes up, I select Yes as indicated in the instruction. I keep coming up with the following error:
Postscript Viewer Required: C:/Ghostgum/gsview32.exe

I have it installed but in a longer directory path and when I tried to edit that in the Advacned menu it came up with the same error but a the new file path.

Does anyone know what the error might be and how to fix it? I have tried uninstalling HYSPLIT after reinstalling the Ghostscript viewer and then reinstalling HYSPLIT in case I had intially downloaded wrong but it's all there.
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Ghostscript recogntion

Post by ariel.stein »

what is the location of gsview32.exe in your machine?
ns365
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by ns365 »

It was located in the Ghostgum file but I had to access it through program data and then the start menu..I have since managed to misplace it and don't seem to have it on my machine.

I have downloaded the ghostscript viewer but it does not have that file in it and instead has two folders called gsview and pstotext. However, I can't see gsview32.exe in it. What should I have downloaded to have access to this?

Is it because I have tried to download a fair few different types of Ghostscript? would the best course of action be to delete them all and start over again?
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

Yes, I would do a fresh start.
Pavan Aditya

Post by Pavan Aditya »

Sir
I have just registered for HYSPLIT. I tried running an example as mentioned in the tutorial by Trajectory--->Quick Start--->Run example. And I have chosen the default location by right-clicking. The termination windows come up and then a follow-up window pops up which says "Postscript Viewer required:C:/ghostgum/gsview32.exe. And I am not able to view anything.

I went inside the ghostgum folder but there was no gsview32.exe file.Also during the installation, I have selected the suggested default storage places for the files postscript viewer and postscript converter as suggested by the system. these files happen to be in different folders.
Please help.
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

If you can find the files in another location, then you can change HYSPLIT to find them by going to the Advanced/Configuration Setup/Set Directories GUI menu and change the location for any programs it cannot find to the location they are installed on your computer.
Pavan Aditya

Post by Pavan Aditya »

Thanks so much for the prompt reply sir. It worked. Thanks a lot

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”