Analyzing trajectory frequency output files in IGOR

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
bryanisk
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Analyzing trajectory frequency output files in IGOR

Post by bryanisk »

Hello,

I intend to use the HYSPLIT model for geographical sector analysis in order to determine where air masses may be coming from before they reach our sites. In short, the output gif and pdf files given by running a trajectory frequency using the online model is exactly what we are looking for to help with our analysis. However, we would like to be able to replicate those plots in igor using the raw output files from the program (in order to do further quantitative analysis on them) and were wondering if there was an available code or igor function that can compute these statistics using the raw output files? In particular I am referring to a code or function that uses the trajectory output file and counts the number of endpoints and/or trajectories that fall within a specified grid size to help create a frequency plot.

Any help with this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan
dekatech
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Analyzing trajectory frequency output files in IGOR

Post by dekatech »

I hope the below pdf document might help you:
http://www.nescaum.org/documents/memo3-traject.pdf

Thanks
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

It sounds like you can run the HYSPLIT trajectory frequency program, but you now want to do the same but in IGOR. I'm not aware of anyone at ARL using IGOR.
je.petit

Post by je.petit »

Dear Bryan,

It might be way too late, so you probably found your way to import backtrajectories into Igor... But just to let you know that since several months, an Igor procedure has been available to handle backtrajectories. Please visit https://sites.google.com/site/zefirproject/home to see if this tool fits your need!
Also, if you still need help to manually load the raw output files into Igor, de not hesitate to reply.

Best,
Jean-Eudes

Return to “Trajectory Model”