met text to ARL format

Post questions and find resources to convert meteorological data into a format HYSPLIT can read.
yunhal
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

met text to ARL format

Post by yunhal »

Hello,

I used the HYSPLIT program to convert ARL to text, but now I need to convert this text file back to ARL format.
I couldn't find the way to do this. Currently, I am trying to convert this to netcdf and then to ARL format. However, I couldn't use WRF-ARW to ARL conversion for my netcdf, as this doesn't match with WRF-ARM file format.

I wonder if anyone has a program/script to convert the text met data back to ARL format. Please let me know if you have a good suggestion.

Thanks in advance!

Yunha
ariel.stein

Re: met text to ARL format

Post by ariel.stein »

Specifically what program are you using to convert to text?
yunhal

Post by yunhal »

It was done with the PC Windows-based HYSPLIT to convert ARL data to text files.
yaqiang

Post by yaqiang »

It's possible to do it with a MeteoInfoLab script. Please find online example on it (http://www.meteothinker.com/examples/me ... b2arl.html).
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

Are you referring to concentrations or meteorological data? What specific menu did you use?
kaif

Post by kaif »

ariel.stein wrote:Are you referring to concentrations or meteorological data? What specific menu did you use?
We talked about meteorological data. I used Meteorology -> Display Data -> Text Profile to convert ARL data to text files. After I did some calculation, I saved the results with the same text format. Now I want to convert the text files back to ARL data format.
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

To create a user generated meteorological dataset you will need to go to Meteorology/Convert to ARL/User Entered/

Return to “Conversion programs”