arw2arl not found

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
caiwenyi
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

arw2arl not found

Post by caiwenyi »

Hi,

I have successfully installed HYSPLIT per the execution of xrun.scr and viewing results.ps , but when I tried convert WRF file to arl , I got an error

message : Can't execvp ../exec/arw2arl : No Such file or directory

Then , I took a look under the "exec" directory , and the "arw2arl" really didn't exist.

Could you please give me some hints how to solve this? please help me!!!
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: arw2arl not found

Post by ariel.stein »

go to data2arl/arw2arl/
However, to compile this program you will need to have NetCDF compiled and installed with the same compiler as the one you used for hysplit.
caiwenyi
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by caiwenyi »

Yes,I have compiled this program,and then I went to exec , the 'arw2arl' has existed.

But when I tried convent WRF file to arl

/nuist/scratch/Caiwenyi0507/hysplit/svn.arl.noaa.gov:8443/svn/hysplit/trunk/exec/arw2arl -i/nuist/scratch/Caiwenyi0507/15you/wrfout_09060800 -o/nuist/scratch/Caiwenyi0507/123/wrf2arl_090608.bin

Then I got some error message:/nuist/scratch/Caiwenyi0507/hysplit/svn.arl.noaa.gov:8443/svn/hysplit/trunk/exec/arw2arl: symbol lookup error: /nuist/p/public/app/netcdf/4.3.0/pgi/11.7-0/lib/libnetcdff.so.5: undefined symbol: ncopts

any help would be greatly appreciated.
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by ariel.stein »

Make sure you use the same version of the fortran compiler for arw2arl and the netcdf libraries.

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”