Extra information on output post-script files

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
blake.arpansa
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Extra information on output post-script files

Post by blake.arpansa »

I was just wondering if there was a way to display extra information about input parameters at the bottom of the output post-script files in the PC version.

The web-version outputs some extra info at the bottom, so does the output I have received from the Bureau of Meteorology (Australia), this is the type of information I would like to add, and perhaps other fields.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
Web_output_bot2.PNG
Web_output_bot2.PNG (35.36 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
Web_output_bot.PNG
Web_output_bot.PNG (34.76 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
PC_output.PNG
PC_output.PNG (141.89 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
glenn.rolph

Re: Extra information on output post-script files

Post by glenn.rolph »

Yes you can. From the GUI, select Advanced/Configuration Setup/Panel Labels. This will create a file called MAPTEXT.CFG that is read by the display program (concplot and trajplot). Only specific lines of the file are read by each display program so you cannot just add lines and expect them to be displayed, however you can modify the text on each of the lines that are displayed.
blake.arpansa

Post by blake.arpansa »

Thanks for the reply. That works quite well.

Is there a way to automatically fill-in the fields? e.g. it grabs the start time from the config to fill in that field?
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

No, but I'm sure you could write some scripts that use the HYSPLIT and PC commands to read the info needed and write the config file.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”