is HYSPLIT model work on Iraq

Post any praises for the work of the HYSPLIT Developers and the products they make available to the public or any helpful criticisms so that we can do a better job of providing quality products.
Omar Noaman
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

is HYSPLIT model work on Iraq

Post by Omar Noaman »

Dear Sir
my name is Omar Safwan Noaman, I'm a PhD student at the University of Leeds in Environmental Engineering. I'm writing to you to inquiry about Hysplit model software, is the HYSPLIT model work in Iraq ( in other way , could the software estimate the PM2.5 concentration during dust storms in Iraq or fire smoke events). as a part of my research is to do source apportionment of PM2.5 and other gaseous air pollutants in Baghdad city (2019-2021) so I want to find out what are the dust storm events and fire smoke events during these time period to estimate the PM2.5 concentration and other gaseous pollutants during these two events and split these pollutants concentration from other concentration to determine the possible local pollution sources in Baghdad.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you a.s.a.p.
Omar Safwan Noaman
PhD student at University of Leeds
School of chemical and process engineering
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: is HYSPLIT model work on Iraq

Post by sonny.zinn »

HYSPLIT is not spatially limited when modeling air dispersion. However, the meteorological data files you use will limit the spatial domain of your air dispersion modeling. For example, our 1/4-deg or 1-deg GFS meteorological datasets are global so you can model any place on the earth. However, with HRRR AK for Alaska, HYSPLIT modeling will be limited to Alaska.
Omar Noaman
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by Omar Noaman »

Dear Sir
Thanks a million, could you kindly give me a briefly explanation regarding the my meteorological data files i use will limit the spatial domain. because if it is work on Iraq, i intend to take advanced course HYSPLIT for potential source contribution function and concentration weighted trajectory analysis
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by sonny.zinn »

For HYSPLIT-compatible meteorological files that ARL provides, please refer to https://www.ready.noaa.gov/archives.php and https://www.ready.noaa.gov/READYmetdata.php.

Return to “General Comments”