SVG to Image Issue

WhirlyWinds
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

SVG to Image Issue

Post by WhirlyWinds »

When I tried to follow the steps for SVG to Image, I got this error: "Error: Invalid Parameter - -density". When I closed that window, another popped up saying "ImageMagick Required: convert.exe".

I have ImageMagick downloaded and the shortcut is on my desktop. Any ideas what could be the issue?
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: SVG to Image Issue

Post by sonny.zinn »

Please check if the "ImageMagick path/executable" setting is correctly set. To check the setting, open up your HYSPLIT GUI and click "Advanced" > "Configuration Setup" > "Set Directories."
WhirlyWinds

Post by WhirlyWinds »

Hi, thanks for that suggestion. I tried that and now I have a different error message:
convert.exe: FailedToExecuteCommand `"rsvg-convert" -o

Is there something else I should try?
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Assuming you are using a Windows computer, could you open a Windows terminal, change directory to where your ImageMagick is installed, and run "convert -version"? My setup outputs the following and note that "rsvg" appears in the "Delegates (built-in)" field. Do you see rsvg in your output?

Version: ImageMagick 7.1.0-37 Q16-HDRI x64 1b8963a:20220605 https://imagemagick.org
Copyright: (C) 1999 ImageMagick Studio LLC
License: https://imagemagick.org/script/license.php
Features: Cipher DPC HDRI OpenCL
Delegates (built-in): bzlib cairo freetype gslib heic jng jp2 jpeg jxl lcms lqr lzma openexr pangocairo png ps raqm raw rsvg tiff webp xml zip zlib
Compiler: Visual Studio 2022 (193231329)
robynhall

Post by robynhall »

I also have the same issue. I don't have a convert.exe file in the ImageMagick directory.
If I run convert -version:
Command 'convert' not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install graphicsmagick-imagemagick-compat # version 1.4+really1.3.35-1, or
sudo apt install imagemagick-6.q16 # version 8:6.9.10.23+dfsg-2.1ubuntu11
sudo apt install imagemagick-6.q16hdri # version 8:6.9.10.23+dfsg-2.1ubuntu11
robynhall

Post by robynhall »

I managed to fix it by reinstalling imagemagick and there is an option in the setup to include legacy files (convert.exe).
WhirlyWinds

Post by WhirlyWinds »

Yes, I'm using Windows. When I type convert -version, I get: Invalid drive specification.
WhirlyWinds

Post by WhirlyWinds »

Update: When I type ./convert, I get:

Version: ImageMagick 7.1.0-37 Q16-HDRI x64 1b8963a:20220605 https://imagemagick.org
Copyright: (C) 1999 ImageMagick Studio LLC
License: https://imagemagick.org/script/license.php
Features: Cipher DPC HDRI Modules OpenCL OpenMP(2.0)
Delegates (built-in): bzlib cairo flif freetype gslib heic jng jp2 jpeg jxl lcms lqr lzma openexr pangocairo png ps raqm raw rsvg tiff webp xml zip zlib
Compiler: Visual Studio 2022 (193231329)

It looks like rsvg is present, but I still get this error when I try to do SVG to Image
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

The list of built-in delegates is slightly different. However, like you noted, "rsvg" is present. I just was able to convert a plot to GIF using the HYSPLIT GUI.

Let's do one more check. At the conversion UI, there is an input field for "Html Input File." Do you see the input file in your HYSPLIT working directory? If it is there, can you view the plot using your web browser?
WhirlyWinds

Post by WhirlyWinds »

How do I locate the " conversion UI"? Is it in a tab in Hysplit or somewhere else? I checked in my hysplit/working directory, and I don't see any file called "Html Input File."

Return to “3. Gridded meteorological data files”