SVG to Image Issue

sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: SVG to Image Issue

Post by sonny.zinn »

There are three "SVG to Image" user interfaces. If you were looking into converting a trajectory plot to gif, open the "Trajectory" menu and drill down to "Utilities > SVG to Image."
WhirlyWinds
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by WhirlyWinds »

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Yes, the input file is also present in my working directory. However, I still get this error:
convert.exe: FailedToExecuteCommand `"rsvg-convert"
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Thank you for checking. It is really strange.... If I could reproduce the error you are having, the diagnosis could go a lot quicker. Let me think about this.
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Could you email to arl.webmaster@noaa.gov the HTML file that you want to convert to gif?
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Thank you for sending the freqplot.html file. We find no issue with the html file. Below are steps you might want to try:

1) Open a Windows terminal.
2) Change directory to your HYSPLIT working directory. We presume that this is where your freqplot.html file resides.
3) Extract all svg frames in the html file by running ..\exec\splitsvg -ifreqplot.html -otemp.svg which will create a file named F01-temp.svg.
4) Then convert the svg file to gif. Assuming ImageMagick is installed next to your HYSPLIT directory, the command to run is ..\..\ImageMagick\convert F??-temp.svg freqplot.gif

Let us know how it went.
WhirlyWinds

Post by WhirlyWinds »

Thanks for checking.

On step #3, I typed in ..\exec\splitsvg -ifreqplot.html -otemp.svg. I got an error saying: ERROR: cannot open file trajplot for reading
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Probably the command you used must have been ..\exec\splitsvg -itrajplot -otemp.svg for step #3. Please use -itrajplot.html if you want to convert trajplot.html.
WhirlyWinds

Post by WhirlyWinds »

Regards, I posted the output of a different command that I tried.

I typed in: ..\exec\splitsvg -ifreqplot.html -otemp.svg
I got: ERROR: cannot open file freqplot for reading

Which is odd because I can open the file by clicking on it in the folder.
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

I think we are getting very close to a fix. The html file could not be opened by splitsvg because it is already opened by other program. Please close other programs accessing the html file and rerun splitsvg. It should work. Once steps 3 and 4 are working properly, the HYSPLIT GUI for converting SVG to Image should be working also.
WhirlyWinds

Post by WhirlyWinds »

Ok, I checked to make sure the file was not open. I closed and re-started my internet browser and the command prompt. However, when I type in the command I get the same error I did before.

Return to “3. Gridded meteorological data files”