GUI screen is black

NicoCosentino
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

GUI screen is black

Post by NicoCosentino »

Hello, I am trying to install v.5.2.1 to my Mac (v. 12.2.1 - Monterey). I believe I have correctly installed Tcl/Tk, then Hysplit, but when I open the GUI the screen is black (although I do see the Exit, Help and Menu buttons). Maybe there is a known issue with my Mac version?
sonny.zinn

Re: GUI screen is black

Post by sonny.zinn »

Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2474. The same issue was reported by a user last year.
NicoCosentino

Post by NicoCosentino »

Thank you for the link. I followed the steps that the previous user suggested. However, the necessary Tcl compiler to make Hysplit's GUI work for macOS Monterey (ActiveTcl 8.5) is no longer available for free at the website mentioned by the previous user. In case someone knows where I may get it, let me know. I will post if I find it.
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

There is an article titled "Wish based tools (git-gui, gitk) showing broken/black UI on macOS Monterey" at superuser.com. One of the solutions suggested there is to use the brew command to upgrade install tcl-tk and to create a symbolic link /usr/local/bin/wish pointing to the new wish executable.

Return to “1. Installing HYSPLIT”