Using HYSPLIT Web archive data for TrajStat

fede
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Using HYSPLIT Web archive data for TrajStat

Post by fede »

Hello,

I need to use my HYSPLIT Web archive data (GDAS1&Reanalysis) to run cluster calculations in TrajStat. TrajStat uses the tgs files. I converted my HYSPLIT web archive data (.txt) to .csv data, and then pasted them to the tgs file. And I thought I created a tgs file that contains my HYSPLIT web archive data. But it does not work in TrajStat. Does anyone experience this problem? Or is there anyone who can give me information about the tgs file?? How can I convert txt or csv file to tgs file apart from ".txt to csv and then paste in tgs file" way?

When I try to calculate trajectories in TrajStat, it does not give the correct number of trajectories of tgs file. I have 31 days in tgs file. But TrajStat thinks that it all belongs to 1 trajectory file.

(Ps: the format of my tgs data is correct. It is exactly the same with an original tgs file.)

This is the first line of the original tgs file:
start_year,start_month,start_day,start_hour,year,month,day,hour,age_hour,latitude,longitude,height,press

This is the first line of my tgs file:
start_year,start_month,start_day,start_hour,year,month,day,hour,age_hour,latitude,longitude,height,press

Thank you in advance

Return to “HYSPLIT on the READY Server”