wildfire around chernobyl

dpolat
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

wildfire around chernobyl

Post by dpolat »

Hello, I'm not sure this is the place for my question but I'm open to any answer and suggestions.

Here is my question; I'm trying to model a wildfire around chernobyl area, I know the released and deposited amount of radionuclides, for example Cs-137. I identified a fire area and entered it into the program. I determined the number of particles to be released from the fire and entered the hourly emission rate. In a fire that will last for 1 day, I will observe the amount of particles released at 3-hour intervals. While doing this, I want to see the effect of dry and wet deposition. I actually built and ran this model, but I wasn't sure what I did in the deposition part. Also, there are increases and decreases in maximum air concentration when observing the spread at 3-hour intervals. I do not observe a decrease in direct proportion to the passing time. In this case, which data is more logical to use for the inhalation calculations I will make later, is it the 24-hour average or the maximum value I see in the 3-hour images?

Return to “15. Radioactive pollutants and dose”