Incorrect Trajectory

jbettenhauser
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Incorrect Trajectory

Post by jbettenhauser »

The trajectory I managed to display does not match the display in the tutorial.
aring

Re: Incorrect Trajectory

Post by aring »

We need a bit more information to go on here, can you upload your graphic and provide a bit more information about which part of the tutorial you are referencing? We may need some other documents as we work with you to resolve the issue. Thanks!
christopher.loughner
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by christopher.loughner »

Assuming you are using HYSPLIT Version 5.1.0, my guess is that you missed setting one or more settings described in the tutorial. I suggest you continue to follow along with Roland so you don't fall behind and then go back to do this part of the tutorial another time. You can run the batch file to quickly get the same results as shown in the tutorial. To do this in Windows, just click on traj_vert.bat in the batch subdirectory.
christopher.loughner

Also, as Roland has mentioned a few times, if you are having problems you can hit the reset button, exit out of HYSPLIT and start it up again, and/or clean up the working directory and then start setting up your simulation from scratch. That last option will be discussed later during the workshop.
jbettenhauser

Post by jbettenhauser »

Section 5.1
The forum will not let me post an image from my computer.
jbettenhauser

Post by jbettenhauser »

Section 5.1
The forum will not let me post an image on the forum. And now I am now so far behind that I don't know what he is talking about. I have tried to stay with him, but he is going way too fast.
aring

Post by aring »

This is recorded, so please do not worry about trying to get everything working in real time. You can review the recording later, pause it as necessary, and get the gui working for you. Also remember, all the saved files are located in the /tutorial/files directory so you can find the saved control and setup files he is referencing in sections you haven't done yet, and easily catch up.

To resolve your issue in 5.1:

Please reference this image for guidance.
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 3.12.57 PM.png
In section 5.1 you should retrieve the traj_back_control.txt file saved previously. Change the output name to be tdump_data, save, and run the model. Next, change the vertical motion method selection to isobaric, change the output file name to tdump_isob and run the model again. Do this for each of the vertical motion methods listed in section 5.1. Then you can create the traj_files.txt file (I have listed it here)
traj_files.txt
(78 Bytes) Downloaded 4042 times
When executing the display, delete everything in the Input Endpoints window, and type +traj_files.txt. Then click execute display.
christopher.loughner

Note that the traj_vert.bat batch file that I referenced above is for Section 5.1.
jbettenhauser

Post by jbettenhauser »

Thank you!

Return to “5. Trajectory options”