FTP failed

nhquang
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

FTP failed

Post by nhquang »

Hello
I try to download the meteorological data file from FTP server and save it into the local directory. However when I press button FTP Data File I have got error Failed to change directory as attached file.
How I can solve this error?
Thank you
ErrorDownload.png
christopher.loughner
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: FTP failed

Post by christopher.loughner »

Thank you for bringing this up. We have a permission issue on our end that users can't enter the 2021 subdirectory for the WRF27km files. I will contact our IT to get this fixed. Another thing to note is that the WRF27km files are released one month at a time with a three month delay. WRF27km files are available (or will be available once the permission issue is fixed) through March 2021. April 2021 files will be released later this month.
davidglenn

Post by davidglenn »

It fails even for 2020??
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

The FTP access for wrf27km dataset for the year 2020 is good. And the access to the year 2021 (up to March) is working now.
davidglenn

Post by davidglenn »

I still cannot download 2020 data. Attached is the error message.

screen shot.docx
(34.56 KiB) Downloaded 2466 times
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

I just successfully downloaded the file wrfout_d01_20200316.ARL on my laptop through the GUI.Please check if you are accessing the FTP through other platforms (like a web browser or an FTP client) from your computer.
An alternative is to open the following link using a web browser and then right-click and save the file you want to download.
ftp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/archives/wrf27km/inst/2020/
christopher.loughner

That file exists and is available to download. I suggest heeding the advice of the error message and download the data an alternative way. For windows users, I suggest using an ftp client, such as FileZilla. For linux users, you can download the data from the command line.
davidglenn

Post by davidglenn »

Yes, I can download via FileZilla and the Chrome webpage. It would just be convenient to use the GUI and it seems it should but 'so be it'. thanks for your efforts.
christopher.loughner

You are not missing out on much by not being able to download files with the gui. It is quite cumbersome to download multiple files with the gui. Downloading multiple files from a ftp client or the command line is faster and easier.
tianhang zhang

Post by tianhang zhang »

Fantine wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 3:29 pm
I just successfully downloaded the file wrfout_d01_20200316.ARL on my laptop through the GUI.Please check if you are accessing the FTP through other platforms (like a web browser or an FTP client) from your computer.
An alternative is to open the following link using a web browser and then right-click and save the file you want to download.
ftp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/archives/wrf27km/inst/2020/
hi I cannot open this link and I also cannot open other ftp links like ftp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/pub/archives/. do you know why. thank you.

Return to “3. Gridded meteorological data files”