Error - concplot.html not found

Post any defects you find in the HYSPLIT software here. The HYSPLIT Developers carefully monitor this list and will work diligently to repair any reported problems. When posting a bug report, please specify both the HYSPLIT version and operating system you are using.
bjackson02
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Error - concplot.html not found

Post by bjackson02 »

I was contacting by someone today who received the same error message when they installed version 5.2.2. I also have this version (downloaded zip and installed today) in the C:\HYSPLIT directory, and did not unload the version 5.0.0. However, I did rename the version 5.0.0 to c:\hysplit_5_0_0. There are no errors when I conduct an analysis using version 5.0.0

There was no error messages when I Run Model, but an error does occur in the Concentration Display after the Execute Display button is selected.

This is my personal computer, so there should be no issue with permissions.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Display_error.PNG
sonny.zinn

Re: Error - concplot.html not found

Post by sonny.zinn »

To diagnose the issue, could you open a Windows terminal, change directory to C:\HYSPLIT\working, and execute the following command (assuming cdump1hr is your concentration dump file)?

..\exec\concplot -icdump1hr +g1

Do you see concplot.html in the C:\HYSPLIT\working directory?
bjackson02

Post by bjackson02 »

Good morning,

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

Attached is a screen capture of my cmd window and the c:\hysplit\working directory following running the command you asked me to run.

Have a good day,

Bill
Attachments
Working_dir.PNG
CommanWindow.PNG
bjackson02

Post by bjackson02 »

I have been thinking about the message in the box after I ran the command you requested. I have attached that message again (I may have made a mistake in my earlier post today)
CommanWindow.PNG
The original file that I used had only one hour of wildland fire emissions and that file produced the error. I have attached a portion of the EMITIMES_feps file that was used.
EMITIMES_capture.PNG
I just completed a second analysis from a wildfire that lasted six days, so there were plenty of emissions. I did not receive an error message, which is good. I was able to view my hourly results in a web browser and Google Earth.

The error I received from my initial run may be an issue for some users of the SmokeTools software that prepares input files to be used by PC HYSPLIT. The SmokeTools user interface is used by people performing an analysis for both prescribed and wildfires in forested areas.

Is it possible to include a message box that says "The emissions modeled were too low to display any spatial results" when "All concentrations ZERO - no maps"? The current message says "concplot.html not found. check working directory for other output files"

I appreciate your help and reply.
bjackson02

Post by bjackson02 »

I had one more thought to try out. The error message I received yesterday was with version 5.2.2 and I decided to used the same input files with version 5.0.0. I did not receive any error message when Displaying the results and the attachment shows 3 hours of results in Google Earth:
Version_5_0_0_Google.PNG
So, now it appears to me there is an issue with version 5.2.2 that needs to be addressed. I have thought about it more and with wildland fires there should usually be some downwind concentrations near the source of the fire.

Ok, I will resist posting more until I hear back from you.
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Examination of your screen captures shows that concplot.html was not created because concentration was zero. [There is an option for the concplot program to create a plot even if concentration is zero, namely, -81 (dash eighty one). We could probably add this option into the GUI in the next release.] I am not sure how you are getting such a drastic change in the concentration. You might want to compare the CONTROL and SETUP.CFG files produced from version 5.0.0 with those from version 5.2.0. CONTROL and SETUP.CFG files are in the c:\hysplit\working directory after a model run. If both versions produce the same CONTROL and SETUP.CFG files, let us know.
bjackson02

Post by bjackson02 »

Hello again,

I reran both the version 5.0.0 and 5.2.2 using the same input control, emitimes, and setup files. The setupcfg files from both version matched until the last line where version 5.2.2 the wvert = .TRUE. and version 5.0.0 had the wvert as .FALSE. The CONTROL files were identical.

The cdump1hr and cdump24 hour files sizes were 71kb and 59kb for version 5.2.2. When the display failed the screen capture I sent you they files sizes were 9kb and 3kb, respectively. The files sizes for version 5.0.0 were 70kb and 58km, respectively.

So with the larger file sized I decided to run the Concentration Display, and the good news is I did receive an output that similar to the version 5.0.0 output. Perhaps the difference is do to the wvert setting?

I have asked the person who pointed out this issue to rerun the input files that failed for him. He did rerun yesterday with larger emissions and he also did not receive and error message when displaying the concentration results.

So the order of events that occurred:
1. Downloaded and installed version 5.2.2
2. Produced the control_feps, emitimes_feps, and setup_feps using the SmokeTools software
3. In version 5.2.2, we received the concplot.html error
4. Used the same input files in an earlier version (I used 5.0.0) and had no error and produced a kmz file.
5. Reran SmokeTools using inputs that produced higher emissions and there was no error received with version 5.2.2
6. Today used the files from step 2 above and had no error message with version 5.2.2 and the outputs in Google Earth were similar.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Please let me know what may be going on and I will pass the information onto other people that use SmokeTools and PC HYSPLIT. Tonight, I will run more tests with other low emission files and see if I receive the original error when I ran 5.2.2 for the first time.
bjackson02

Post by bjackson02 »

Hello again,

Please excuse me for getting the version wrong in previous posts. I have been using version 5.2.0.

I completed 3 runs using 1 to 3 hours of emissions and and a final run of a wildfire with 6 days of emissions. There were no issues with displaying the results in version 5.2.0.

Not sure what went wrong the first time (as well as another person) I ran the model. Hopefully, other people will not have the same issue the first time they use the software.
khan365
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by khan365 »

Hello Bill

I am facing the same problem I am trying to simulate multiple wildfire and I am getting the same error can you guide me if you have solved it?

Regards
Tariq Khan
khan365
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by khan365 »

I am getting the same error , I am trying to model multiple locations of wildfires on a temporal timeline can anyone help me please. I am getting this error and need help editing the emitimes file.

Regards
Tariq Khan

Return to “Bugs”