GUI display not working - Mac OS Monterey

Post any defects you find in the HYSPLIT software here. The HYSPLIT Developers carefully monitor this list and will work diligently to repair any reported problems. When posting a bug report, please specify both the HYSPLIT version and operating system you are using.
rmoore
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

GUI display not working - Mac OS Monterey

Post by rmoore »

I updated to Monterey last week and since then my Hysplit GUI is not displaying properly. it is not an issue with my laptop's display (I have changed and inverted the colours). The regular interface which was working before is now black, and while I can click on parts of it, it is impossible to run anything since the error messages cannot show up properly. I have attached screenshots of what it looks like.

I think that this is an issue with Wish - which runs .tcl files. The Hysplit GUI is built on .tcl files. I have tried to update/figure out what is wrong with Wish but I am limited in my understanding of how it works.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments
hysplit_black_screen.png
rmoore

Re: GUI display not working - Mac OS Monterey

Post by rmoore »

Hi, just wanted to say that I sorted this out. Just in case anyone else has the same issue I had to install a different tcl compiler via this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekCFlPu3kqI.
NicoCosentino

Re: GUI display not working - Mac OS Monterey

Post by NicoCosentino »

Hello! I tried to follow these steps to download compiler Active Tcl 8.5, but it is no longer available for free. If anyone knows where I may get this version or some other compiler that allows me to use Hysplit's GUI in macOS Monterey, please let me know.

Return to “Bugs”