Inconsistent behavior in radius plot option

Post any defects you find in the HYSPLIT software here. The HYSPLIT Developers carefully monitor this list and will work diligently to repair any reported problems. When posting a bug report, please specify both the HYSPLIT version and operating system you are using.
wsr
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Inconsistent behavior in radius plot option

Post by wsr »

I am running Hysplit-4 on a Win 10 PC, so this bug needs to be verified on a Win 7 PC. I needed to plot contours of the velocity components in the WRF09 and WRF27 tutorial datasets, centered at the Lat/Lon 39.90/-84.22, with a radius less than the full extent of the data. However, the plots did not seem responsive to the radius value. Other than setting the center to 0,0 (outside the domain) in which case the full domain is displayed, there does not seem to be a way to plot more than a small radius around the given centerpoint. Has anyone else encountered this?

Is there a way simply to specify the axes bounds on the figure?
Fantine

Re: Inconsistent behavior in radius plot option

Post by Fantine »

I am running HYSPLIT (version 854) on a Win 7 PC. I plotted the U10M variable from the WRF27 dataset, centered at 39.0/-84.22 with radius 0.8 and 0.4 (attached).
The radius value for the contour is latitude in degree. If you don't see the plot responding to the radius value, it may be the requested radius value generating an area bigger than what available in the dataset.
Attachments
Capture-r08.PNG
Capture-r04.PNG

Return to “Bugs”