Error Msg - PC HYSPLIT 5.2.0 download Forecast met data

Post any defects you find in the HYSPLIT software here. The HYSPLIT Developers carefully monitor this list and will work diligently to repair any reported problems. When posting a bug report, please specify both the HYSPLIT version and operating system you are using.
bjackson02
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Error Msg - PC HYSPLIT 5.2.0 download Forecast met data

Post by bjackson02 »

I am preparing for a training session on installing the software, so I renamed the folder where the HYSPLIT interface had no issue downloading the 12 km NAMS quadrant (namsf) data a three weeks ago. I am running version 5.2.0 on a Windows 10 operating system.

As I did previously, today I downloaded (for practice) the registered version of HYSPLIT_win64_v5.2.0.zip file and extracted the contents to C:\HYSPLIT. In addition, I did conduct the necessary steps (through the property window) to join tcl and hysplit.tcl together. I can complete a concentration analysis, but I can not download a forecast meteorology data after selecting the HTTPS Data NOMADS button. I receive the attached message and it appears that it can not find me in a database (Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority).

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by another person who had the same problem after they installed version 5.2.0.

I would appreciate any insight you can provide. Most of the people I work with prefer to download the met data through HYSPLIT, but I do have a work around. My training session is on Thursday.

Thanks!

Bill
Attachments
PCHYSPLIT_Met_download_error.PNG
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Error Msg - PC HYSPLIT 5.2.0 download Forecast met data

Post by sonny.zinn »

The download error occurred because tiled namsf files are not available from NOMADS. Use the "FTP Data ARL" button to download a tiled namsf file.

Return to “Bugs”