Error: invalid command name ".f.f.text"

khartig
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Error: invalid command name ".f.f.text"

Post by khartig »

While doing Tutorial 8.5 Test and Optimize Input Files, I started to get a pop-up with the message Error: invalid command name ".f.f.text". I've attached the .log file, as well as the captex_control.txt and captex_setup.txt that I loaded at the beginning of the tutorial. I followed the instructions for that tutorial, with the exception that in configuration setup, in Menu 4, I also changed Maximum number of particles to 10000. After saving control and setup, I opened Concentration -> Special Runs -> Test Inputs, and the error message showed up as soon as that window opened. I have re-started the GUI and got the same message again after going through the same steps. I have a Mac OSX 10.14.6 and HYSPLIT 5.0.0c
Attachments
captex_setup.txt
(628 Bytes) Downloaded 3395 times
captex_control.txt
(293 Bytes) Downloaded 3410 times
invalid_command_name.log
(350 Bytes) Downloaded 3417 times
Fantine

Re: Error: invalid command name ".f.f.text"

Post by Fantine »

I followed what you mentioned in the post but was not able to reproduce the error you had.
I suggest you click "reset" and follow section 8.5 again - loading captex_control.txt and captex_setup.txt, and then change the particle number and run the test. Let us know if you still have a problem on this.
khartig

Post by khartig »

Still erroring. I reset the GUI, re-loaded captex_control.txt and captex_setup.txt, then went into Advanced -> Configuration Setup -> Concentration -> Menu 4 and set Particles released per cycle to 2500. Saved, then went to Concentration -> Special Runs -> Test Inputs. I hit "Analyze", then error appeared immediately after I hit "Exit" on the status box that popped up.
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

My colleague, Allison who runs HYSPLIT on a Macbook, can reproduce the error you had and is working on this. We will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience. Please move forward to other sections and we will come back on this later.
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

You can just close the error message box and move on.
It seems if you click the "exit" button immediately after "Analyze", the error box will come out because the program is not done yet. Wait for a few more seconds to click the "exit" button. A "beep" sound will let you know it is finished.
We tried running the section on both Mac and PC, and they were working fine.
khartig

Post by khartig »

Sounds good, thanks.

Return to “8. Configuring the CAPTEX simulation”