Repeating Captex #2

RickV
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Repeating Captex #2

Post by RickV »

I need to ensure I obtain correct results so I am currently repeating Captex #2. I setup a Core i7 laptop during lunch break but my graphical result was too short/truncated. The only question I encountered the first time was how to save BOTH captex_control.txt and captex_setup.txt.

I verified correct entry of all parameters before lunch break and have done so now on the i7 laptop. Please RSVP regarding saving these files so I can diagnose from this point.
Tianfeng.Chai
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Repeating Captex #2

Post by Tianfeng.Chai »

Please use "Save as" for both Control and Setup files and then you can "Retrieve" those.
Please change the file names as you may want to have the original files intact.
RickV
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by RickV »

Thank you. This is the method I used initially so it is good to learn I was correct. I suspected so after examining both files in the working directory. After graphing the results and "stepping through" them the release plume expands as the result ARL shows.

I should add I received an error message the when running the intial simulation that did not occur during the second run. Unfortunately, I was not fast enough to obtain a screen capture of the message that displayed after initiating the first simulation.
Tianfeng.Chai
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by Tianfeng.Chai »

Good to know that your second run went well.

Return to “8. Configuring the CAPTEX simulation”