Displays Particle Position

eari
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Displays Particle Position

Post by eari »

Hello,

I am working on the dispersion of the Australia bushfire. To Determine particle position I followed the steps which are mentioned on 7.6 Display Particle Position. But in the end, the location of particles is shown in the USA instead of Australia. How can I fix this?

Thank you.
alicec
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Displays Particle Position

Post by alicec »

Can you give us some more information?
Please include the plot that is being produced as well as the CONTROL and SETUP.CFG file
which produced the output. If you can include the MESSAGE file that would be helpful as well.

Thank you!
eari
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by eari »

Hello.

I cannot figure out how can I share plot with you but I can share the message, control, and setup files. Thank you very much for your helping

Sincerely.
Attachments
fire_Message.txt
(443.91 KiB) Downloaded 2539 times
fire_setup.txt
(677 Bytes) Downloaded 2499 times
fire_control.txt
(335 Bytes) Downloaded 2543 times
aring
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by aring »

Hi there,

I would suggest trying to run again with the attached control and setup files. It seems you had some errors in your files that may have caused the issues. I encourage you to also review the smoke section of the Tutorial folder which includes some file settings that may be most appropriate for modeling fire smoke.

I ran hysplit with the attached control and setup files and was able to produce a partplot.ps file containing 56 images of particles traveling from southern Australia. Here is an example image:
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.45.00 AM.png
Please be sure to change the file path for the meteorological files for your installation.
fire_control2.txt
(344 Bytes) Downloaded 2742 times
fire_setup2.txt
(630 Bytes) Downloaded 2697 times
Please let us know if you are still having problems!

Return to “7. Air concentration calculations”