compile error

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of HYSPLIT, feature enhancements, and HYSPLIT internals. HYSPLIT source code and algorithms are discussed here.
akp
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

compile error

Post by akp »

Hello,

Sorry to post during the holidays but have tried for almost a month to solve this problem myself. I am installing hysplit on a linux cluster with gfortran compiler and netcdf-4.1.3. Netcdf compiled properly and passed make check with no errors. Hysplit too looks to compile properly with netcdf-4 options (it would not compile with netcdf-3), although there are a number of warnings in the compile.log file. I ran xrun.scr and that finished to completion but when I tried to call an executable arw2arl it tells me it can't find libnetcdff.so.5. This file exists in the netcdf/lib directory but is only a soft link to libnetcdff.so.5.1.0. I don't remember that being an issue the last time I installed, in fact libnetcdff.so.5 is not even in the lib directory specified on the old system. Are there compatibility issues with netcdf?

Andre
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: compile error

Post by ariel.stein »

Hi Andre,

Please make sure the NetCDF libraries are compiled with the same gfortran compiler as the arw2arl program. Also, make sure that in the Makefile to create the arw2arl program you point to those NetCDF libraries. You might have a different NetCDF library already installed in your system.
akp
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by akp »

Hi Ariel,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I did all of the above but could not get a different result. I reverted to an older version to compile. Everything is working with an older version but I have a further issue I wonder if you could help me address.

Our old system crashed but I had backed up several years worth of binary output files. I would now like to convert some of these output files to ascii or grads format for a colleague. However, any attempt I have made to do this has failed. Both con2asc and con2grad fail at the same call

PGFIO-F-217/unformatted read/unit=10/attempt to read past end of file.
File name = cdump.2014061500 unformatted, sequential access record = 2
In source file ../source/../source/con2asc.f, at line number 515

In source file ../source/con2grad.f, at line number 282

PGFIO-F-252/unformatted read/unit=10/operation attempted after end of file.
In source file ../source/coninfo.f, at line number 103

I compiled the new build with pgf90, just as was done with the build that had crashed. I do not understand why I am getting this error unless the binary file was somehow corrupted.

What is actually happening? and can I work around this?

Andre
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by ariel.stein »

Hi Andre,

Can you please send me any of the cdump files?

Return to “Developers”