Issues running from cmd line (Windows)

trw0182
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Issues running from cmd line (Windows)

Post by trw0182 »

Hello,

When trying to click to run the test_conc.bat files or attempting to run them through the cmd prompt I receive an error message after the file reaches 100% and attempts to pull up the image stating "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action." I am able to produce the images fine through the GUI, I only have this issue when directly clicking on the batch files or using the cmd line.

I have images to show where the files/programs are located and the error message but when I attempt to "Add file" I get an error message that the board attachment quota has been reached.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you
barbara.stunder
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Issues running from cmd line (Windows)

Post by barbara.stunder »

The message about 100% means hyts_std is done and the tdump file made (or whatever you named it). I'm not looking at test_conc.bat, but it probably runs ..\exec\trajplot and should make a trajplot.ps file. Does that exist?
barbara.stunder

Sorry, I meant cdump, concplot, and concplot.ps
barbara.stunder

Looking further regarding the error message you got, it may be an issue that concplot.ps was created, and you need to "associate" postscript files with gsview64.exe. If so, try this:
Settings
Apps
Default Apps
Scroll down to "Choose default apps by file type"
Find .ps on left hand side, navigate to the gsview64.exe so it is associated with .ps files. On my PC, it is in C:\Program Files\Ghostgus\gsview
trw0182
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by trw0182 »

Hi Barbara, thank you for the reply.

I am able to navigate to the set default by file type and the .ps had no assigned default app and was giving me a message that there was no available app for that file or protocol type. I'm not sure if I downloaded Ghostview incorrectly (or didn't finish setting it up) after downloading Ghostscript, but re-downloading Ghostview automatically assigned it to handle .ps files after that and the images/cmd prompts are working now.

Thank you for your help!

Return to “2. Testing the installation”