HySPLIT Installation Complete - Lacking Desktop Icon & Ability to Test Install

Post questions about HYSPLIT installation.
RickV
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

HySPLIT Installation Complete - Lacking Desktop Icon & Ability to Test Install

Post by RickV »

All components required to be installed before HySPLIT were. No desktop icon for HySPLIT was generated at the time of its installation. Is it feasible for me to troubleshoot my installation or should I uninstall all and start over? Note I did add the Lagacy Components for ImageMagick as instructed. I also installed both GhostScript and GhostView.
alicec

Re: HySPLIT Installation Complete - Lacking Desktop Icon & Ability to Test Install

Post by alicec »

Are you on a windows machine? If so, you can try going into the directory c:\hysplit\guicode and creating a shortcut from the hysplit.tcl file.
Double clicking on hysplit.tcl should launch the gui.
RickV

Re: HySPLIT Installation Complete - Lacking Desktop Icon & Ability to Test Install

Post by RickV »

Yes, Win7 Pro 64-bit. No c:\hysplit directory created in my example. Searched for hysplit.tcl and did not find it. I downloaded the ARL pre-compiled Tcl/Tk executable...lacking Proper HySPLIT install. Repeating this presently...

Edit - Desktop icon launches yet HySPLIT does not respond properly. Something de-coupled between Tcl/Tk and HySPLIT. Windows displays a message indicating it cannot open hysplit.tcl and asks to search Internet or installed application to launch it. Neither option yields progress. Perhaps editing a config file will get me where I need to be?
alicec

Post by alicec »

See if the following helps:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1840
RickV

Post by RickV »

Perfect!

Return to “1. Installing HYSPLIT”