Inline-WRF-Hysplit V3.8.1

HYSPLIT was originally designed to run offline utilizing meteorological data such as are provided by WRF-ARW. A new model framework has been developed that the revised HYSPLIT model is coupled inline with WRF-ARW to take advantage of the higher temporal frequency of the meteorological variables produced by the meteorological model, as well as using WRF-ARW's vertical coordinate scheme. The inline coupling approach is a more consistent depiction of the state of the atmosphere available to the dispersion model through the elimination of the need to interpolate the meteorological fields temporally and vertically. This forum was created to foster discussion on the use of the In-line WRF-HYSPLIT coupling.
QMDHysplit
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Inline-WRF-Hysplit V3.8.1

Post by QMDHysplit »

Good morning,

Please have a look to the attached the log file. I get errors while I'm compiling Inline-Hysplit-WRF.
Fantine

Re: Inline-WRF-Hysplit V3.8.1

Post by Fantine »

There is no file attached.
Suggest you to check first if the WRF model (standard WRF, no inline HYSPLIT) was installed successfully.
QMDHysplit

Post by QMDHysplit »

I couldn't attach the log file because of the size, so I copied the some of the errors I get to Word file.
I compiled WRFV3.8.1 with WRF-Chem with dmpar (icc/ifort) compiler.

Thanks
Attachments
compile.log.docx
(22.56 KiB) Downloaded 2275 times
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

The WRF-HYSPLIT inline coupling was done with the regular WRF.
For WRF-Chem, the Registry.EM_CHEM is used instead of Registry.EM which is for the regular WRF. So, all variables for hysplit routines were not defined properly in your compilation.

Double check you have the registry.hysplit in your Registry directory.
Put the following lines in Registry.EM_CHEM. Then execute "clean -a" and "configure".
# Registry entries for inline HYSPLIT
include registry.hysplit
martin.saliba

Post by martin.saliba »

Planning to couple WRF-CHEM V 3.8.1 with HYSPLIT. For compilation just need to rename Registry.EM obtained from HYSPLIT inline-files folder to Registry.EM_CHEM?
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

Not renaming the Registry.EM in the inline package to Registry.EM_CHEM.
As mentioned in the previous post, you need to use the the original Registry.EM_CHEM but add the following two lines into the file that will include registry info for inline HYSPLIT.

# Registry entries for inline HYSPLIT
include registry.hysplit

Return to “In-line WRF-HYSPLIT coupling”