Trying to back track air parcels at a higher granularity using the Hysplit GUI

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
Gokul Balagopal
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Trying to back track air parcels at a higher granularity using the Hysplit GUI

Post by Gokul Balagopal »

Hi,
I have been using HYSPLIT to back track air parcels from Downtown Dallas. I was able to back track the air parcels successfully for every hour of the day from the same location. I am wondering if there is an option to backtrack the air parcels for every minute of the day from the same location. I am trying to change the start time in the HYSPLIT GUI (for Windows PC). So, I basically want the starting off an hour and then increment it by every minute for the same location. Ex: if the first Start time for the back trajectory is 2023/11/01 00:00 , then the next start time will be 2023/11/01 00:01, and so on. I can't find an option to add the minutes for the start time. Is this option available for the Windows version of HYSPLIT or is it only available for the Linux version ?.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Trying to back track air parcels at a higher granularity using the Hysplit GUI

Post by sonny.zinn »

The minutes field in starting time is optional. If it is left out, HYSPLIT will use 0. If the minutes field is specified, HYSPLIT will use it. For example, "83 09 25 17 15" will be 1983-09-25 17:15. Please read https://www.ready.noaa.gov/hysplitusersguide/S262.htm on how to read a CONTROL file.

Return to “Users”