HYSPLIT RUNNING GLITCH ON MACBOOK EARLY 2015 MONTEREY 12.4 BETA

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
sihlenhlapo_
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

HYSPLIT RUNNING GLITCH ON MACBOOK EARLY 2015 MONTEREY 12.4 BETA

Post by sihlenhlapo_ »

Hi there,

I am struggling with running the Hysplit program on my early 2015 Monterey 12.4 Beta MacBook Air. I downloaded the tcl and image magick as well as the tutorial folder. My MacBook has the tcl already. The problem is when I open the HYSPLIT, it turns black and turns black and white. I have not had help so far, please help.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: HYSPLIT RUNNING GLITCH ON MACBOOK EARLY 2015 MONTEREY 12.4 BETA

Post by sonny.zinn »

Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2523.
sihlenhlapo_
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by sihlenhlapo_ »

I followed the steps as the video on YouTube but I am not stuck with downloading the tcl version for my Mac. On the active state platform, there are no tcl available for Mac OS yet. Only tcl for windows and linux are available.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by sonny.zinn »

A workaround to the Tcl window issue is to use tcl installed by Anaconda3 python. Please refer to install_macos.txt inside your HYSPLIT python directory. Install Anaconda3 and the HYSPLIT python graphics to the hysplit anaconda environment. Then open a terminal, change directory to the HYSPLIT working directory. Run "conda activate hysplit" and "../guicode/hysplit.tcl".

Return to “Users”