Unable to use ftp server for accessing meterological file

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
ankur018
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Unable to use ftp server for accessing meterological file

Post by ankur018 »

I am unable to use ftp server to access meterological file for downloading .gbl files. Kindly let me know what i can do to access those files. I have also used fftp:///arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/archives/gdas1/tp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/archives/gdas1/ to duwnload.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Unable to use ftp server for accessing meterological file

Post by sonny.zinn »

The ftp server is working fine. On Linux, I opened a terminal and ftp-ed to arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov using anonymous and an email address for the username and password.
ankur018
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by ankur018 »

Thanks for the reply. I need the data urgently for my research.Kindly let me know about procedure for windows.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by sonny.zinn »

You might want to download meteorological data file using a third-party ftp client for Windows. There are many, for example, FileZilla, WinSCP, etc. Ensure your choice of ftp client supports passive connection mode. Using FileZilla, I tested downloading a file a few minutes ago and it worked fine. Use anonymous and your email address for the username and password.

Return to “Users”