Moving source of emission

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
musaidpp
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Moving source of emission

Post by musaidpp »

Helo ,
I would like to know is there any provision to represent the source of emission as a moving point source in Hysplit in order to get the concentration dispersion over a period?
I have made a simulation for 6hrs for an emission at 4km above ground at 0900 UTC. and the particle cross section can be seen in the pdf. This is a single emission, but what if i want to multiple emissions from the same source, but falling down under gravity.?

Thank you.
Attachments
emitimes.txt
(188 Bytes) Downloaded 525 times
message.txt
(11.68 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
multiat30min.pdf
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 564 times
musaidpp

Re: Moving source of emission

Post by musaidpp »

Here is my set up file as well.
Attachments
setup.txt
(653 Bytes) Downloaded 534 times
ariel.stein

Re: Moving source of emission

Post by ariel.stein »

You are on to the correct approach to define a moving source by using the EMITIMES file. Although the help file S417.htm mentions that the file can be used to define a moving source, no specific instructions are provided. As an example, the EMITIMES file you provided has been modified to redefine the source at 10 minute intervals, with each new emission period dropping in height by 200 m. In this case each emission is at the same lat-lon location, but those values can be changed as well if desired. The most important thing to remember is that since you now have six data records in the EMITIMES file instead of one, you now need to define six starting locations in the CONTROL file to properly initialize the emission variables at model startup. The exact locations in the CONTROL file are not important as those values will be replaced by the ones in the EMITIMES file.
Attachments
emitimes_mod.txt
(462 Bytes) Downloaded 533 times

Return to “Users”