Installation of registered hysplit on Window OS

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
solkim
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Installation of registered hysplit on Window OS

Post by solkim »

I've beeing used hysplit registered version on Linux OS.

But because of some issues, i need to install hysplit registered version on Window OS.

I found that source code of hysplit, registered version, composed with Linux OS command(etc. wget, svn...)

Here is the question. Is there source code of registered version of hysplit window version?

To install hysplit registered version on window, Do i need to re-registered? or Do i need to just download using source code which composed with linux command?
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Installation of registered hysplit on Window OS

Post by glenn.rolph »

We do not provide the source code for the windows version (it is the same code as the LINUX distribution). You can download the registered version of PC HYSPLIT for the PC or Mac if you are a registered user (see https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_register.php ). You do not need to register to download the "trial" or un-registered version of PC HYSPLIT at: https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_hytrial.php
Jorgero
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by Jorgero »

Are Windows and Linux source code files interchangeable or am I getting that wrong?
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by sonny.zinn »

Precompiled HYSPLIT distributions for Windows, Mac, and Linux are built from the same code base. The Linux source distribution is different from these in that users would need to compile.

Return to “Users”