Can api2arl be used alone?

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
cherio
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Can api2arl be used alone?

Post by cherio »

I plan to use api2arl to convert GRIB2 file to ARL format.

Here I have a question. Do I need to install hysplit when using api2arl, or can I use api2arl alone?

I installed hysplit on Windows, but since gri_api required for api2arl seems to work only on Unix, I am trying to convert meteorological data independently on Linux while using hysplit on Windows. Is this possible?

I appreciate your kind advice.
alicec
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Can api2arl be used alone?

Post by alicec »

api2arl requires some libraries from the HYSPLIT distribution.
Are you compiling the distribution on the linux machine yourself? Please give more details on what you are doing.
You can certainly convert the data on a linux machine and then use it with HYSPLIT run on a windows machine.
cherio
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Can api2arl be used alone?

Post by cherio »

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I am trying to convert the data on a linux machine and then use it with HYSPLIT run on a windows machine.
I recently started using HYSPLIT and I plan to use the Japanese meteorological data that's in GRIB2 format.
I installed api2arl following the instruction on Readme_api2arl.txt (revised 27 Oct 2017), but some errors are occurring and I wanted to check if I needed to install HYSPLIT before installation of api2arl.

Return to “Users”