trajectory calculation and meteo data

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
Elmohandiss
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

trajectory calculation and meteo data

Post by Elmohandiss »

Dear all,

First, I would like to really thank Fantine for his previous answer.

Now , I have two issues when I run hysplit , the following messages :

I installed gs925w64 and gsv50w64 also , this message appear

1/postscript viewer required: c/ghostgum/gsview32.exe always needed for the trajectory calculation

2/FTP FAILED: arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov /pub/archives/gdas1 for the meteorological data

Thank you in advance for any help .

Best
Fantine

Re: trajectory calculation and meteo data

Post by Fantine »

Ghostview is used to open figures (generated by HYSPLIT) that are in postscript format. The gsview32.exe is available on the software's website: https://gsview.software.informer.com/5.0/

For downloading the met data from ARL's ftp site, what gads1 file were you trying to get?
An alternative way is to go on the ftp site using a web browser: ftp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/pub/archives/gdas1/
Right click and "save link as..." the files you want.
You can also use an WinSCP or similar software to access the ftp site. The instruction for this is available: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1526
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

For using the ghostview you have installed, check if you set a correct path for the model to find the application.
In the GUI, go "Advanced/Configuration Setup/Set Directories" =>
Capture.PNG

The "ftp failed" error was probably due to the firewall blocking the HYSPLIT application.
On your window machine, use "Task Manager" to find out the application used for launching HYSPLIT. It should be "wish85.exe" or something similar. Then go to the firewall setting to add the application to the list allowing to communicate through the firewall. =>
Capture2.PNG
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Elmohandiss
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by Elmohandiss »

Thank you fantine.

when I installed HYSPLIT 4, I can not fnd tutorial folders (batch and others).

I will be greatful for any suggestions

Many Thanks Fantine

All the best

Return to “Users”