Problems with ERAInterim data

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
Fabio.Dioguardi
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Problems with ERAInterim data

Post by Fabio.Dioguardi »

Hi,

I am new in this forum, I hope this question is not too trivial...
For a dispersion simulation with hycs_std I want to use ERAInterim data. I have downloaded them in three separate files (3D, surface and invariant) for the globe, just to stay as simple as possible.
I have then converted them into arl with this command:
grib2arl -i3Ddata -r12 -p0 -k37 -ssurface -cinvariant
Then I have launched a script for generating the CONTROL file. Both are attached.
When launching the hycs_std, it does not do anything and, from the WARNING message (attached), it seems that some data are missing in specific locations. This is strange, since I have downloaded the weather data for the entire globe, exactly to avoid this problem.
Please note that I changed all the attachments into .txt, since the native format was not accepted as attachment.

Any suggestions?
Thank you very much
Fabio
Attachments
WARNING.txt
(22.06 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
CONTROL.txt
(963 Bytes) Downloaded 170 times
autoconc_airborne.txt
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Problems with ERAInterim data

Post by ariel.stein »

Please make sure you have all the required meteorological variables in the ARL meteorological file that you created. Use the utility program such as chk_file located in the exec directory to see if the variables exist.

Return to “Users”