Unit of Wet deposition

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
ssolkim
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Unit of Wet deposition

Post by ssolkim »

Hello ladies and jentlemans.

I have some questions about in-cloud deposition unit of HYSPLIT 4.0 window versions.

I've checked hysplit manual and other articles about hysplit, unit of in-cloud deposition is l/l.

But in hysplit 4.0 window version, unit of in-cloud deposition is 1/s.

question 1. How to convert the l/l to /s?
question 2.Now i am simulating nuclear fallout dispersion. So i want to put in In-cloud deposition factor as 3.2E+05 l/l. how to convert 3.2E+05 l/l to 1/s unit?

please answer me as soon as possible.

thank you every one.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Unit of Wet deposition

Post by glenn.rolph »

The model can read both forms of wet removal. If the value entered is greater than one, the model interprets the value as a ratio of the pollutant in rain (g/liter) measured at the ground to that in air (g/liter of air in the cloud layer). Otherwise, the model interprets the value as a time constant (1/s). Based on results from the Fukushima accident, we recommend the use of the time constant instead of the scavenging ratio and that is why the older documentation and the current defaults are different, however you can still use the scavenging ratio.

Return to “Users”