Setting up Area Source emission with Emission.txt

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
frf0104
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Setting up Area Source emission with Emission.txt

Post by frf0104 »

Hello,

I have set up the necessary files, however it seems that the model isn't successfully reading and implementing the emissions contained in my external emissions input file. I have attached the CONTROL, SETUP, emission.txt and pm10_flux.txt file that contain the run specs and emission inputs. The two cdump files has the output, and MESSAGE has run status output.

It seems that the emissions are coming only out of the lower left corner release point specified in the CONTROL file. This is based on the concentration output in the cdump_256_21 file (which has high values only near lower left grid concentration grid) and the MESSAGE file which indicates that the release stopped only after one hour. Note that the lower concentrations in the lower left corner in cdump_256_22 confirm this also, since by then emissions have stopped (after one hour).

Instead, based on the user manual instructions, I was expecting the two release points to be corners of a 0.1 x 0.1 degree grid of area source emissions since I specified 0.1 and 0.1 in the emission.txt file. The individual emissions in the pm10_flux.txt file would then be collected within these 0.1 by 0.1 areas. The release would then be over the entire three hour simulation time, starting at GMT hour 20 through 22, pulling emission for these hours from the pm10_flux file.

Any advice welcome to correct this ... thanks,
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Setting up Area Source emission with Emission.txt

Post by ariel.stein »

Your attachments are missing. Please send them again.

Return to “Users”