Compiling problem

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
Christian813
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Compiling problem

Post by Christian813 »

Hello,

I'm giving my first steps on hysplit starting by compiling hysplit version 3.9.1 along with wrf-chem 3.9.1 (making the required modifications on registry). I use the option 32(serial) and 34(dmpar) GNU for configuration, getting the same error in the same step while compiling em_real:

hyconc.f90:262:32:
mpi_comm_here = MPI_COMM_WORLD
Error: Symbol 'mpi_comm_world' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
Command exited with non-zero status 1

I would like to know how can I solve this problem. Than you very much!
Christian
Fantine

Re: Compiling problem

Post by Fantine »

To be clear, you were trying to compiler the inline WRF-HYSPLIT.
"MPI_COMM_WORLD" is one of the functions in MPI library. Have you checked the MPI library to be installed properly on your machine with the gfortran complier? And you should be using option 34 for gfortran compiler.
Christian813

Post by Christian813 »

Hi, thank you very much for the advice.

I reinstalled libraries and it solve the mpi error. Unfortunately there are many new errors starting with this one:

mediation_integrate.f90:72.18:

grid%hycsum=0.0
Error: 'hycsum' at (1) is not a member of the 'domain' structure
mediation_integrate.f90:173.31:

IF (config_flags%run_hysplit .EQ. 1) THEN
Error: 'run_hysplit' at (1) is not a member of the 'grid_config_rec_type' structure
mediation_integrate.f90:182.6:

ENDIF
Error: Expecting END SUBROUTINE statement at (1)

I would attach my log.compile, but there is a problem with the attachment.
Thank you very much for your help.
Christian
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

The error is due to newly added HYSPLIT variables are not defined in the Registry file. The inline HYSPLIT package has two files (registry.hysplit and Registry.EM) that should be copied to your Registry directory. Please check if it was done properly.
The inline HYSPLIT was implemented in a standard version of WRF (README file in the package). If you are using it with WRF-CHEM, you will need to put registry.hysplit in the registry file used for WRF-CHEM. Again, the inline HYSPLIT has not been tested with the WRF-CHEM code.
Christian813

Post by Christian813 »

Thank you very much, the problem was not adding the new Registry.EM as you said. Its solved now, thanks!

Return to “Users”