SETUP.CFG causing calculation abortion

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
je.petit
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

SETUP.CFG causing calculation abortion

Post by je.petit »

Dear all,

I launch HYSPLIT from a batch file, creating the CONTROL file, and I am also generating a SETUP.CFG file to add meteorological variables in the trajectory file.
For an unknown reason the SETUP.CFG is causing the calculation not to perform (whereas, when the file is not generated, calculation goes ok).
Enclosed is the file. Is there anyhting wrong in it?

Thanks!
Jean-Eudes
Attachments
SETUP.txt
(310 Bytes) Downloaded 320 times
glenn.rolph

Re: SETUP.CFG causing calculation abortion

Post by glenn.rolph »

Yes, you need to fix the second to last line (dyf = 0,) it should be (dyf = 1.0,).
je.petit

Post by je.petit »

Thanks for the tip. I just tried, and it did not work...
But then, I removed tm_sphu and tm_mixr (because these 2 variables are not listed in the namelist variables), and it worked ! Is it normal?
Are these variables not available anymore?
je.petit

Post by je.petit »

Thanks for the tip. I just tried and it did not work.
Then I removed tm_sphu and tm_mixr because I didn't see them in the namelist variables in the user guide, and it surprisingly worked ! Is it normal? Are these variables not supported anymore?

J-E
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

It should work if the variables are are in the meteorological data set you are using. What data are you using?
je.petit

Post by je.petit »

I am using weekly GDAS files, directly downloaded from your ftp. The weird thing is that even if tm_sphu or tm_mixr equals 0, calculation is aborted...
Looks like hyts_std doesn't recognize these variables anymore.
It has worked perfectly before, and same thing also occurred to other users of my batch files.
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

The attached SETUP.CFG worked for us. Maybe there are some hidden characters in your SETUP.CFG file if the attached works.
Attachments
SETUP.TXT
(312 Bytes) Downloaded 296 times
je.petit

Post by je.petit »

Surprising... The SETUP.CFG is automatically generated from an Igor code (enclosed image, and there is no hidden characters... I managed to get a screenshot of the command window when the calculation aborts (second enclosed image): Looks like hyts_std doesn't recognize tm_sphu as a namelist variable.
Are the .dll files at the bottom related to HYSPLIT? (kernel123.dll, ntdll.dll). Should I update something? like a library file containing available namelist variables?

J-E

P.S.: turns out I can't upload the screenshot. To what email address should I send them?
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

Did you try to replace the SETUP.CFG we posted with your and then rerun the model? You can send the screenshot to arl.webmaster@noaa.gov but we are not able to provide support for 3rd party applications.
je.petit

Post by je.petit »

Yes, I just tried with your SETUP file, but it unfortunately resulted in an aborted run... :(
I just sent the screenshot.

Thanks!
J-E

Return to “Users”