TRAJECTORY INTERPRETATION

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
dawuud2000
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

TRAJECTORY INTERPRETATION

Post by dawuud2000 »

Hi everyone,
I am quite new to trajectory analysis. I intend using the model to determine source location.
I have successfully run the model and have generated 'normal' and 'frequency' back trajectory outputs.
My handicap lies in the in-depth/expert interpretation of these outputs. Any effort will be much appreciated.
I will upload the outputs for your perusal.
Thank you in anticipation.

ama dawood

nb. study area is Kutahya, western Turkey.
There are 2 stations: 39 42 N, 29 98 E and 39 37 N, 29 27 E
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: TRAJECTORY INTERPRETATION

Post by glenn.rolph »

You should probably review sections 4, 5 and 6 of the HYSPLIT Tutorial and then if you still have specific questions you could ask them here. The tutorial is located at:

http://www.ready.noaa.gov/documents/Tut ... index.html
dawuud2000
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by dawuud2000 »

Thank you glenn.rolph for the info. I'm afraid that didnt help much or perhaps I didnt get it.
I run the model on READY's online HYSPLIT. I will be grateful if you comment on each of the generated graphics.
Did you see the attachment at all? I kept getting 'HTTP error ' each time I tried to upload it.

Thanks
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by glenn.rolph »

No, your images were not attached to the original post. Try to post them again and if you are still not able to, send them to the ARL webmaster (arl.webmaster@noaa.gov).

Return to “Users”