Tutorial files location

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
wsr
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Tutorial files location

Post by wsr »

After installing Hysplit 4 (public) on a PC running Windows 10, the trajectory and concentration demos run without error. However, there is no \Tutorial directory, and it may be impossible to proceed with the tutorial if any the tutorial files are not embedded in the tutorial webpage.

Where are these files now located after installation, and where are they directly downloadable from the ARL website?
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Tutorial files location

Post by glenn.rolph »

You can download the Tutorial from:

http://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_Tutorials.php
wsr
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by wsr »

Perhaps I am missing something, but I see only the tutorial text available from your link (as well as a forbidden link). There is no repository for files actually used in the tutorials, just as there is no "\Tutorials" directory in the installation. However, the tutorial constantly references this directory as the location of files that the web tutorial actually uses. As I progressed through the tutorial, I eventually figured out that this directory is on the CD some users may have used for installation in a bygone age, but until then the tutorial was frustratingly vague.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by glenn.rolph »

Sorry, the link to the Tutorial download is now corrected. You should download that file which contains all the files used in the 2017 HYSPLIT workshop including the trial version of HYSPLIT used for the examples.

Return to “Users”