Multiple back trajectory heights

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
Jeandup93
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Multiple back trajectory heights

Post by Jeandup93 »

Using the web based model. I want to run back trajectories at multiple heights of 5000m, 18000m and 40 000m AGL. The starting point for the back trajectories is Cape Point, South Africa(34.35S and 18.50E).

How do I show all three 3 vertical parts of the back trajectories on the HYSPLIT output as when I have tried to do it only the lowest level is shown.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Multiple back trajectory heights

Post by glenn.rolph »

The reason you cannot plot all three starting locations is that none of our archived data sets go above about 33,000 m AGL. The GDAS 1 degree goes up to about 29,000 m and the Global Reanalysis goes up to about 34,000 m AGL.

Glenn
Jeandup93

Post by Jeandup93 »

Thank you. I figured that too but even using heights within the model limits only the lowest level is displayed.The starting location for each back trajectory is Cape Point but using different heights.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by glenn.rolph »

I just ran your location using the 1 degree GDAS file for 3 heights using the inputs shown below and it worked fine.
Attachments
133565_trj001.gif
capture.gif
Jeandup93

Post by Jeandup93 »

Great thanks for your help

Return to “Users”