Daily run trajectories

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.
madhulika_gurazada
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Daily run trajectories

Post by madhulika_gurazada »

Version: Feb 2016 Release
Last Changed Rev: 802
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by glenn.rolph »

We ran all of the daily trajectories here, got 112 fdump files, and the trajfreq process seemed to work well with the results we would expect.

We think that what might have happened is that your trajectories did not actually run, and that there was just an "origin" location in the fdump files, or maybe nothing at all?... So, we would recommend that you look at the fdump files created in this example to see if they are the right size, and contain endpoints, etc. Attached is one of the fdump files as an example.

If the trajectories did not run, then you could try cleaning up your hysplit working directory by using the Advanced/Cleanup Working option and restarting HYSPLIT and the simulation again. If that still does not work we'd have to take a look at your control and setup files, etc., to try to figure out why they did not run.
Attachments
fdump83090100.txt
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
madhulika_gurazada

I have 112 fdump files too. The fdump txt file attached by you in the below comment matches mine exactly. All the other files are similar in size and content too. Tried deleting the files created in this process and restarted HYSPLIT and ran the simulation. It did not work hence posted the query. I haven't used Advanced/Cleanup Working option. Would it delete all my previous workings or the ones related to this particular simulation?
madhulika_gurazada

This is the map I obtain.
Attachments
freqplot.ps
(41.3 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
madhulika_gurazada

CONTROL File

83 09 28 18
39.90 -84.22 750.0
C:/TutorialX/captex/
RP198309.gbl
./
fdump83092818
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by glenn.rolph »

We don't see any problems with the CONTROL file, so we are not sure why you are having problems. Running cleanup working will rename your current hysplit/working directory to a new name and then create a new hysplit/working directory, so you will still have all the information in that renamed directory.
madhulika_gurazada

Even after running cleanup working, the simulation log shows Total endpoint count as 112 (this is incorrect). Why is this happening given my fdump files are of the right size and right content?
madhulika_gurazada

I spotted another difference between the map generated by me and the map obtained in the tutorial video.

The key of the map on the right shows Minimum

Tutorial video: 1.3E-03 %
My map: 1.2E+00 %

Does this difference throw some light on the inherent problem?
madhulika_gurazada

Was checking if my trajfreq.exe is fine. This seems okay too. Can we run the commands from batch file to see where I am going wrong? Would that be appropriate?
Attachments
trajfreq
trajfreq
madhulika_gurazada

Tried running the batch file, the map I obtain shows only the original point (the entire area is just shaded red). This is much worse than what I obtained before.

Return to “Users”