missing color scale

Topics about the HYSPLIT dispersion model.
akp
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

missing color scale

Post by akp »

I am having a hard time getting a color scale to display for a series of concentration simulations. Even if I do not specify any -c options no color scale appears, which makes it difficult to choose proper increments. Is there any way to force this with concplot?

-Andre
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: missing color scale

Post by ariel.stein »

You can set the color of the color scale by using the -v option in concplot
-v[Values[:labels:RRRGGGBBB color (optional,but must have 2 colons to specify color without label)
for <= 25 fixed contours: val1:lab1:RGB1+val2:lab2:RGB2+val3:lab3:RGB3+val4:lab4:RGB4]
hliao

Post by hliao »

I am also having the same problems for how to choose my customized color scale.

I was trying to set the color scale as [1e5, 1e6, 1e7] with the following command:
/home/XX/Documents/Corteva_work/disease/Hysplit_software/hysplit.v5.0.0_Ubuntu/exec/concplot -i./hysplit2.bin -a3 -oconcplot.ps -j../graphics/arlmap -f1 -b0 -t0 -e0 -d1 -r3 -c1 -k1 -m0 -s1 -v1.0E7+1.0E6+1.0E5 -x1.0 -y1.0E+12 -z70 -u -a0 -: -: -: -: -:

The color range of he output figure however is 1000, 1e5, 1e7. it doesn't look like my setting (-v1.0E7+1.0E6+1.0E5) works

Could you provide a specific example for how to set the color scale/range? This following instruction is a little confusing to me.
-v[Values[:labels:RRRGGGBBB color (optional,but must have 2 colons to specify color without label)
for <= 25 fixed contours: val1:lab1:RGB1+val2:lab2:RGB2+val3:lab3:RGB3+val4:lab4:RGB4]

Besides, i found I have difficulty to understand RGB1, RGB2, RGB3,.... should i put three values in the range 0~255 corresponding to the RGB channels or maybe other format? I would appreciate for a specific example here.

Thank you very much for your time.

-Hemming
hliao

Post by hliao »

the hysplit user guide includes more detailed explanation and that has resolved my issues.

Thanks.

Return to “Dispersion Model”