concplot GIS output for more than 100 time periods

Topics about the HYSPLIT dispersion model.
sampls
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

concplot GIS output for more than 100 time periods

Post by sampls »

Hi there!

I have encountered an issue when outputting GIS files from a HYSPLIT run. My HYSPLIT run contains 272 time periods, but only 99 GIS files will save as individual files and the rest of the time periods end up continuously overwriting a file named 'GIS_0500_ps_**'. If I change the concplot settings to output time periods 100-199, then only the 'GIS_0500_ps_**' files are created and continuously overwritten. Is there a way to change the output name of the GIS file so I can have more than 99 GIS files? If not, how should I retrieve GIS files for all 272 time periods in this HYSPLIT run?

I am running HYSPLIT from the command line using Linux. I have attached the .bin file I am using, the .sh file I am using to run concplot, and a screenshot of the files that are output from running the .sh file. Thanks in advance for the help
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: concplot GIS output for more than 100 time periods

Post by sonny.zinn »

You might want to upgrade your HYSPLIT installation. The issue you described was addressed in October 2021. HYSPLIT version 5.2 or later will work.
sampls

Post by sampls »

Thank you for the info. I have downloaded the precompiled HYSPLIT version 5.2.3, but I am still running into the same issue using ascii2shp, both when I use .bin files from the previous version of HYSPLIT I had installed and from the new version of HYSPLIT. Is there something I'm still missing?
sampls

Post by sampls »

I have figured out what I was missing, and the updated version of HYSPLIT has solved my problem. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Dispersion Model”