'cdump' is empty

Topics about the HYSPLIT dispersion model.
rotendd
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

'cdump' is empty

Post by rotendd »

I'm using the hycs_std.exe file with CONTROL, EMITIMES, CONC.CFG, SETUP.CFG, and ASCDATA.CFG in the same working directory as the exe file. hycs_std.exe runs and reaches "100% complete" but the output file (TEST-20120101-0101) is always empty (144B). Using the con2asc.exe file afterwards returns nothing. The CON2ASC.OUT is empty (0B).

I have attached my EMITIMES, CONTROL, and CONC.CFG files. I have my MESSAGE and SETUP.CFG files but I'm limited to uploading 3 files.

Can someone provide some insights?
Attachments
EMITIMES.txt
(196 Bytes) Downloaded 351 times
CONTROL.txt
(358 Bytes) Downloaded 351 times
CONC.CFG.txt
(869 Bytes) Downloaded 355 times
rotendd

Re: 'cdump' is empty

Post by rotendd »

I should add that I'm generating these files with an R wrapper that I have written a few years ago. This method has been successful in the past but recent "tweaks" I have made are putting me in this situation...
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

Please upload the MESSAGE file because it may have some messages about why the run failed.
rotendd

Post by rotendd »

Sorry for the delay! I don't always get notifications when admins respond to my posts. Attached is my MESSAGE file.
Attachments
MESSAGE.txt
(66.12 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

Actually looking back at the CONTROL file, I can see the issue. Your run has duration of 24-hours and is outputting 24-h averages. The run starts at 12 01 01 01 00 (00 is assumed because it's not otherwise specified.) The end of the 24-h sample is 1 minute after the end of the 24-h duration run (12 01 02 01 01) so nothing was written to cdump. Add 01 to the optional minutes field in the 1st line of CONTROL, then you should get the output in the cdump file.

Looking at the MESSAGE file shows the mass is >0 (right most number in "NOTICE main" lines). There is no "NOTICE condsk" which is written when data is written to cdump.

Return to “Dispersion Model”