merging cdump files

Topics about the HYSPLIT dispersion model.
sreeds82
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

merging cdump files

Post by sreeds82 »

Dear HYSPLIT Community,

I have run every day a simulation for 15 days, i got 15 cdump files.
when i try to merge these files, it says the grid is different, even if i have same grid in control file ( only date change).

I want to merge those 15 files (each having 24-hours time steps in a single file? Is it possible to merge? If so, please suggest me how to do it.

With conappend after first file, the error is
FATAL ERROR: horizontal grids differ

With concadd

WARNING: meteorology start times differ
WARNING: release start times differ
WARNING: grid corners different
WARNING: time mismatch between input files!

Still its merging to single file, when i open in display or convert to ascii, it shows only first file information.

I thought that I can convert all files into single grid and try to merge them, but not able to do it. Could you please suggest me

Still I dont understand that, even if I specify the model domain center point and span area, still the model takes another grid and runs model, how is it possible?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sree
barbara.stunder

Re: merging cdump files

Post by barbara.stunder »

"Still I dont understand that, even if I specify the model domain center point and span area, still the model takes another grid and runs model, how is it possible?"

Good question. Run conread on the files to verify the grids are different. If so, please send two CONTROL files with the same grids given, that when run, give different grids.
sreeds82

Post by sreeds82 »

Hi
I tried concadd, but same problem.

If I merge using conappend.
I need to run hysplit for a season, hence I have initiated the run each day at 12 utc and run for 35 hours.
So for second day, there is a overlap of 12 hours.
If I use conappend file, it merges without any problem, which includes all 70 hours (2-days), if hourly written.
I want to remove the overlapping hours using concrop before appending the files.
There problem starts. If I try to append, after cropping the hours, it gives me an error saying that the start lat/lon are different.
Could you please help me in this regards.
Thanks
Srinivas
alicec

Post by alicec »

Can you just run 24 hours instead of 35 so you have no time overlap on the files you are appending?
That may be the simplest way to solve the problem.

by default concrop will resize your grid.
To make sure it is not doing this you need to use the
-b option with all zeros.

-b0:0:0:0

Also, as suggested previously, try conread on your cropped file to see how concrop
has modified your grid.

Return to “Dispersion Model”