hycs_std

Topics about the HYSPLIT dispersion model.
rotendd
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

hycs_std

Post by rotendd »

The HYSPLIT User's Guide mentions the "hycs_std" executable file but there are others with similar names in the "exec" directory. I would like to run the HYSPLIT model directly from the "hycs_std" executable while incorporating SETUP.CFG/CONC.CFG, ASCDATA.CFG, and EMITIMES. All of these are in the root directory along with any other required files. Will "hycs_std" incorporate all of them or do I need to use an alternative executable file?

Thanks!
ariel.stein

Re: hycs_std

Post by ariel.stein »

I would recommend calling the executable from the working directory.
../exec/hycs_std
rotendd

Post by rotendd »

I appreciate the recommendation but in my situation, it would be very helpful for me to have all of these file in a common directory (the hycs_std file included). Would this still work as expected?
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

Yes, you could move all the files, including the executable (hycs_std), into the same directory and work from there.
rotendd

Post by rotendd »

Great! This will speed up my work! I am running into a bit of a problem. In the ASCDATA.CFG file, I have the correct path to the bdyfiles0p5 directory but I keep getting the following error in the MESSAGE file:
------------- Start computation messages -------------------
NOTICE advrng: (kg ,xyr,xy1) - 1 39 39 320 182
NOTICE metpos: (mtime,ftime) - 59352480 0
NOTICE metpos: (mtime,ftime) - 59352660 0
NOTICE advpnt: (kg,nx,ny,nz) - 1 39 39 32
NOTICE sfcinp: reading ASCDATA.CFG
*ERROR* sfcinp: decoding error LANDUSE.ASC
Fixed record length not consistentr: EOL must be LF or CR/LF
Try converting /bdyfiles/*.ASC files into DOS or UNIX formats
I do not know if there is an issue with the LANDUSE.ASC file or if I have setup something incorrectly. I have double checked the path in the ASCDATA.CFG file. I can post any additional files you may need.

Thanks again!
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

Please try setting up the path to the bdyfiles directory and see if that solves your problem.
rotendd

Post by rotendd »

Ah! It turns out that I had an incorrect parameter in my ASCDATA.CFG file that I did not notice. It appears to correctly reading the body files now.

Occasionally, I get a warning "metinp". I believe some data are missing from the bdyfiles0p5 files? I stumbled upon a forum post addressing this some time ago but I can no longer find it. When I get this error, the HYSPLIT model continues to run. How does HYSPLIT deal with "missing" data from the bdyfiles during a run?

The particular warning that I am referring to is not in my WARNING file right now. I will upload it when it happens again.

Thanks!

Dustin

Return to “Dispersion Model”