matrix trajectories at multiple levels with different colors

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
andries
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

matrix trajectories at multiple levels with different colors

Post by andries »

Hello:)

At the moment I am searching for a way how to make one plot with matrix trajectories calculations at three different heights (in inputfile 1, 2 and 3 respectively) in different colors for each height level. I succeed in making matrix trajectories, and combining three different inputfiles into one plot via the command

Code: Select all

./trajplot -i{inputfile1+inputfile2+inputfile3} -v3 -k12:111111111111 -f0
With the -k option I can arrange different colors per gridpoint. However, I want to arrange the colors of the trajectories per inputfile (i.e. per different height). Is there a way how to do this? Changing the options for -k leads only to different colors per gridpoint, not per inputfile. To explain my question in another way, I want to combine the three separate figures (fig1, fig2 and fig3) as in the attachment into one figure.

An alternative way how to achive this may simply be via overlaying the figures with "pdftk". For this, I used the additional options "-h{lat}:{lon}" and "-g0:8000" with the ./trajplot command in order to obtain one fixed and similar domain for the three separate plots. However, when I overlay the three figures, the lower figure panel with meteorology along the trajectories is messed up since these are plotted at different scales. So, this possible solution does not have my preference.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Cheers,
Andries
Attachments
fig3.ps
matrix trajectory at 5000m
(945.62 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
fig2.ps
matrix trajectory at 1500m
(517.12 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
fig1.ps
matrix trajectory at 500m
(675.44 KiB) Downloaded 246 times