Running trajectory model with volcano example

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
afaf2021
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Running trajectory model with volcano example

Post by afaf2021 »

Hello,
I am trying to run hyts_std with the volcano example provided. I changed the SETUP.volcano and CONTROL.volcano files to SETUP.CFG and CONTROL to be used. I also have a gdas_042.bin file that was provided. I get a successful run with but it runs very quickly. I do not get a tdump output. I am attempting to create a tdump so I can use it as input in trajplot.

RUN INFO:
hysplit.v5.2.1
Ubuntu

Input files:
CONTROL
SETUP.CFG
gdas_042.bin
ASCDATA.CFG (This is in /bdyfiles but I assume it is being used here as I have no errors)

Generated files:
WARNING
'4'$'\t\t\t''#NUMBER OF DIFFERENT POLLUTANTSpar1 #POLLUTANT IDENTIFICATION'
(ASCII text file - Seems like an error in my setup files that this is being generated)

How do I correctly setup examples/volcano to run the trajectory model?
Or is there a different example provided I can use to run?

Thank you!
Attachments
wd.zip
(437.1 KiB) Downloaded 2671 times
sonny.zinn

Re: Running trajectory model with volcano example

Post by sonny.zinn »

The CONTROL file you used is for a dispersion run. The hyts_std executable is for trajectory runs. Use the hycs_std executable instead. If you wanted a trajectory run, the CONTROL file should be corrected.

For the description of the CONTROL file format, please refer to links under the "File Formats" section near the bottom of https://www.ready.noaa.gov/hysplitusersguide/.
afaf2021

Re: Running trajectory model with volcano example

Post by afaf2021 »

I figured this out while poking around in the docs while it was being approved. Thanks for the response!

Return to “Trajectory Model”