Times shown on the bottom of the back trajectories

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
dreynolds109
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Times shown on the bottom of the back trajectories

Post by dreynolds109 »

I set and end time for the back trajectories of 12 15 2016 00Z and the gif images showing the height of the parcels back 24 hrs shows the correct end time. However the times shown in the animation of the back trajectories do not seem to match the end time given. What do the times at the bottom of the animation panel represent? I used the NAM12 as the model and 6-hr time steps. Thanks. https://www.ready.noaa.gov/hypub-bin/tr ... dno=116507
barbara.stunder
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Times shown on the bottom of the back trajectories

Post by barbara.stunder »

Your run on READY had been deleted before I saw this message. Please run another case, and post here the CONTROL and SETUP.CFG so we can reproduce the case (you may need to rename them ending in .txt). If you can attach one image and describe which date labels are the issue that would also help. Thanks.
dreynolds109
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by dreynolds109 »

SETUP.181590.txt
(45 Bytes) Downloaded 157 times
CONTROL.181590.txt
(972 Bytes) Downloaded 155 times
Back Traj animation Hysplit 14 Feb 2019.png

The times shown on the png image at the bottom of the animation. Those are the times I need to understand what they mean. The times on the blue bar saying metadata
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by sonny.zinn »

When you start the animation, the red/blue/green balls move along their respective trajectories (in time). The timestamp is the date and time of the current animation frame.

Return to “Trajectory Model”